Here are some pictures of a laminate flooring job we did for a customer who removed the carpet in the room themselves before we came. This job was completed in one day. The customer had selected a very nice Pergo flooring for this project that I can say I would have been happy to use in my own home!
We can can give you an estimate to put laminate in your home from a single room to entire home. Our pricing is a flat price that we will quote until the area is larger than 500 square feet then the pricing switches to a square footage pricing. We can install your pre-purchased laminate or help you select a product for your home. We do not recommend laminate for installation in bathrooms. We can remove old flooring for an additional cost.
How Do You Know It’s Time to Repaint Your House?
- Peeling paint: If the paint is peeling, it is already past the time to repaint. You’ll have to repaint at soon as possible. If you don’t, you risk exposing the structure of your home, like the wood, to damage. Fixing structural damage will be more expensive than painting.
- Bare wood is exposed: The great thing about exterior home paint is that it’s multifunctional. Paint protects the materials the home is made with, as well as looks great. If bare wood is exposed, you need to paint your home quickly. Remember, structural damage can be a major expense—avoid this problem by painting the exterior of your house.
- Mold or water stains: When paint starts cracking and peeling, mold can start to grow underneath the paint. This is a major problem and signifies a need to repaint. Stains can be removed with the right mixture of chemicals.
- Wood rot: Beyond just having wood exposed, if you notice wood rotting, your home needs to be repainted as soon as possible. There are structural dangers to a home having rotted wood.
- Chalky residue: Take your hand and run it over the paint on your home. Is there a chalk-like residue on your hand? If there is, consider it a warning sign your paint is deteriorating. You might have some time before repainting becomes totally necessary, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Fading paint: Fading paint isn’t inherently bad, but it limits your curb appeal. A fresh coat of paint can make your home stand out again. Every few years, paint fades enough where new paint would be beneficial. Paint will generally begin to peel within a few years of significant fading.
- Outdated colors: Did the color you painted your house look great in 1980? Chances are, the paint is outdated by now. You don’t necessarily have to repaint because colors are outdated, but if you ever plan on selling, outdated exterior colors are a turnoff for many potential buyers.
Is your home showing any of these warning signs? Still not sure if you want to take the plunge and repaint your house? Consider some of the consequences of not painting.
What Happens if You Don’t Repaint Your House?
- Home damage: Exposed wood will rot if not shielded by paint. The structural integrity of your home could be compromised. If the wood rots too much, you could have a huge repair job on your hands. If stucco is cracking and falling apart, be prepared for a large bill: stucco almost always has to be replaced in its entirety.
- Extended mold and mildew growth: Mold is a living organism. If you don’t kill it, it will grow. Mold growing underneath cracked paint will only expand. You won’t be able to get rid of the mold with a regular garden hose; you’ll have to spray with a power washer and use a chemical mixture.
Painting the exterior of your home is as much preventative maintenance as it is cosmetic. For more information about Altitude Remodeling LLC’s exterior home painting services for the Phoenix, Arizona area, please contact us today.
We would like to take this opportunity to tell everyone that we are now servicing the Phoenix metro are as well as Flagstaff and the surrounding areas! Thanks for your time and we look forward to elevating your project!
Here are some pictures of the second bathroom we gutted to the studs and rebuilt in roughly one week. In this bathroom we had to repair a lot of previous plumbing work. We re-vented the washer and dryer properly and put the drain in the floor as it should have been done originally. The previous owners had built a shower on a 2×6 platform because they didn’t know how to get it in the floor. Thanks for looking and we hope to work with you on your project.
Here are some pictures of a bathroom we gutted to the studs and rebuilt in roughly 3 days. I will post some pictures of the second bathroom we gutted and redid in the same week. These were both done in a crazy one-week timeline and would not have been possible without the help of our plumber who was instrumental in getting everything done so quickly.
Hello everyone I just wanted to do a quick post to update the status of things here at Altitude Remodeling LLC. We are now officially bonded and our license is in progress with the Arizona Registrar of Contractors. We are hopeful things will progress quickly as we opted to do a smaller license for the time being until we can finish getting the paperwork together for the B3 license we are ultimately going for. What this means is we will only be doing smaller projects until the B3 license has been completed.
Also we have been working hard on getting the website up and running, so please let us know what you think. I will be adding some more posts that will include pictures of work we have completed. I will also be doing some how to articles from time to time to help you all complete some home repair projects on your own if you like. Let me know if there is anything you would like to see and I will do my best to get it together for you or at least provide a link to where you can find the information.
Thanks for taking the time to check out our website and have a great day!
Thank you for your interest in Altitude Remodeling LLC. We look forward to working with you on your project. We will also be putting together blog posts to show those who would like to attempt different projects themselves some helpful information. If there is anything you would like to see please contact us and we will do our best to put it together for you.